HOMECOMING


HOMECOMING

Once I went to the lands that swallowed the remains of my umbilical cord,
The walls whose ears heard the boring sounds of my tears and echoed them to the world. 
The lands where my dreams of a better life started,
Where the greens waved to the winds and opened up to the heat of the day.

But I was met with webs of spiders,
With the clouds of dust making new buildings.
The greens died leaving a dessert,
And the walls waiting for a saviour or else they hug their brown brother 
The laps on which I danced and the hands that joined together to make rhythms,
 A sound pleasing to my ears seems weaker than talc

Alas! I know what the end of this tunnel is.
There is no light but just darker shades of growth. 
Where the thought of death comes playing tricks in its victims’ ears and sleep
Leaving the ones who once danced to the rhythm now 
Believe in seeing a light in the tunnel
But where I once called home is nothing but a picture of my end in the years to come.





Comments

Critical Look said…
Looks like this literal devices are above my knowledge scope. Long as short. Piece

Popular posts from this blog

PAINTED PAIN

AYA-AYE

INTO THE COAST