LEGONITES AND THE CHURCH BELL.


At the time I could hear the church bell even when in the arms of Morpheus, was the time one DR. TSIKATA donated a gigantic bell to the Evangelical Presbyterian Church in my community. The church initially had a bell, yes, but not a bell that could wake me from my deepest slumber or remind a sleepy dreamer of the time. The bell then was the one used by the students in the EP school too. It was a bell that announced the time to people in the community.

Living just a few houses away from the church made the church bell my alarm and reminder as well. I grew up thinking or believing the Church Bell is supposed to be on the church premises and call on people only when there's a church gathering just like the siren does until I met and started living with the legonites. 

The legonites, unlike the EPC, have more than a "church bell". The legonites church bell is a "startling knock" " a knock that's gonna make you run to your door thinking you locked your 90-year-old grandmother out for the heavy rain to deal with mercilessly. 

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO THIS IMAGE. ALL RIGHTS BELONG TO THE ORIGINAL COPYRIGHT OWNER. 

The beginning sound of this church bell isn't boring as such but gets annoying and irritating when it becomes persistent. You hear a knock on your door and it's a person there to invite you to his/her church, tell them "Please I'm a believer and fellowship with this church already", and they still want you to come with them. 

"Oooh it's just a visit, you gonna love it and wouldn't like to miss it again" has been their anthem, like seriously??, I'm not saying it's bad inviting or preaching the word of God to the people but more than twenty people in a day?. Please and please let not your church bell be like that of the legonites'. 

Don't call on people with a "startling knock" just to invite them, in a coercive way (yeah, it's more like it) even when they tell you they have a church. Maybe, I might miss my Savior if He chooses this time to come since I'm tired of waking from my sleep after every knock that happens mostly at ten-minute intervals just to be asked if I'm a blah blah or if I can join them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PAINTED PAIN

AYA-AYE

INTO THE COAST