WORDS FROM THE Js I woke up earlier today not only to the melodious tunes of the singing birds that the moist breeze of dawn had carried far, but to a message from the first J. 1st J is someone I've always admired from the first time I entered my English class in Level 100. We were both vocal in class, and she loved to ask questions. I admired her a lot and have seen her grow to be that lady of substance who brightens every corner. She wanted to know if I had plans of holding any leadership position in the English Department as she was doing the same in another department. I told her I would've if not for the challenges I faced on my way to the top. Most of the time, some of my ...
WHEN THE PIED CROW SINGS It was a sunny day, and I had just returned from town after running errands for some people for a token. The journey back home was tiring and got me thinking. I remember years ago, my aunties and uncles from the city always told us to study very hard and take our education very seriously so we can also grow up, get a good job, and get a better life in the city. We could buy our cars and build our houses, they said. Well, I was in my bed thinking perhaps they didn't tell us the full story as they were also hunters then or their way of hunting was just different. Because coming to the city taught us to know people who know people. We should have an ass that could attract a market square or have fair skin as I was told "dark is ugly” and be as beautiful as the goddess of the sea. Again, my aunties didn't say I would've had to do multiple jobs just so I could make a dough that wouldn't even get me a corn dough at the end of the day....
THE ENEMY WITHIN The first day I placed the voice to the profile and name “Edward Asare” was on the 5th of May, 2024. His voice wasn't just the one that tells you to do A to make it B for the media and your person, but it was that voice that re-echoes within you when the pastor is preaching and it feels like God revealed to him to point at you with his voice only. It was the voice that you feel was directed only at you. He talked extensively about stopping people from defining you and being positive. Tell yourself how beautiful and wonderful you are. He talked about setting a reminder and believing in yourself. At the end of his talk, I realized that for me to be a better person, I need to be the one to control my mind, believe in myself and put in the needed effort; it is centred on me. It was one of the best sessions I had in May because it placed me on the spot. I have to be the one. But I had an enemy: my mind. My mind has been the enemy within that reminds me always abo...
Comments